View Single Post
Posts: 466 | Thanked: 335 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Vienna, Austria
Originally Posted by Estel View Post
I got same thing, but from very ancient times of CSSU, when there was only one branch. I have no idea what resulted in such effect - if it's CSSU or not (yet, I don't have any theme customizers, custom transitions or any other strange things), but I actually enjoy it - during long updates or any other longer operation, I don't need to switch screen on and off all the time - i just see results in dimmed screen. And, if I really want it totally disabled, i just use slider.

It's also not true, that it doesn't turn screen off at all - it does, but only after long time (few minutes of being dimmed). Strange, but actually usable.

BTW, on my second N900, I also have CSSU installed, and I didn't noticed such behavior. I also use same transitions.ini on both devices (copied from one to another), and generally, same programs. NFC WTF.

/Estel
Actually, the screen issue is not exactly runinig my life either, I worry about it only because of battery life. You being the battery expert and all , do you think it's shortened considerably by this screen issue?
I'm not sure it's related to CSSU myself. I've had the problem posted in hardware for a week now and no response (neither in IRC). I'm just suspecting it because it started after the last CSSU update.
I wasn't implying the screen issue is related to the custom transitions though - I'm hoping these are 2 separate problems!
The problem with custom transitions, I think, is that I can't force rotate apps if I use them
What is NFC WTF?