View Single Post
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by reinob View Post
Have a look at the Recovery Console thread for additional info on text-based bootup.

Basically, once the kernel is loaded and initialized, it passes control to /sbin/preinit, which does the rest. If you load the framebuffer console module (modprobe fbcon) early when preinit starts, you get to see the boot messages on the screen.

For fbcon you'd need the power-kernel (v50 is the latest & greatest).
Recovery console? So that edits the preinit? And now I have u-boot set up to boot kernel-power v50! I'm making another backup right away.

Is there a link to the thread you're referring to? I'm scrolling through pages of posts to find exactly where that reference is and learn what to do.

Also, I've been having another problem, but this happens only sometimes when I reboot the device. It goes back to the "Welcome" screen and asks for locale, date and time, even though I did it already. It remembers the locale but forgets the date and time, which is odd, so I'll look more into this. Again, it only happens sometimes when I reboot, but not all the time.

EDIT: Now that I think about it, it may have just been because I used kernel-power. I'll find out if it keeps happening.

EDIT2: I think I found the thread. http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p=999066

I think I can soon figure most of this N900/Maemo stuff out. Maybe this topic can be closed soon.

Last edited by mrrhq; 2012-05-14 at 22:37.

The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post: