View Single Post
Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Similarly, voicing just my opinion: While that sounds good to some here, it's not the reason why most of us came here in particular in the first place. I, for one, am certainly not at all interested in QT development and I wouldn't have arrived here years ago looking for a mobile Linux device comunity if it had instead been a QT community. QT development narrows the focus far, far away from where this community originally, and even eventually, had its interest. Mobile development, mobile devices and tablets were and continue to be the focus of the vast majority of the people who sought out Maemo, not QT in particular just as it hadn't been GTK in particular at the time when Maemo was exclusively based on that. Nobody was particularly hot on how you draw your widgets--people were hot on PORTABLE LINUX devices. Again, just my opinion and observations as a long-time Internet Tablet Talk (eventually Maemo.org) member here.
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to danramos For This Useful Post: