View Single Post
Originally Posted by The Wizard of Huz View Post
Would you consider making it if I (or someone else) delivers the design (CAD) and is willing to cover the cost?
Of course, with pleasure. Having ready-to-use design + money to cover manufacturing is a pure joy - this way, if it turn out to be working, I have nothing against offering it as alternative type for everyone interested. It's just that I don't think designing something like that by *me* would be feasible, but if someone else have motivation and skill to do it - I'm all for it.
---

As for 18650, stlpaul described it accurately. Being widely used, standardized, cheaper (as money You need to pay per mAh), easily available in plentora of types, etc, benefits of using them over standard "phone" flat batteries are gigantic. It's just that they're little harder to fit, due to cylindrical size. But, even having this restriction in mind, they still supply more mAh per square cm. (even considering a "loss" due to empty space between cylinders).

Only one drawback, is that You can't go lower than width of one single cell, i.e. it have a minimum thickness much bigger than flat battery. But, for people that already use Mugen covers for dual-batteries, it should be a problem - as long as it still fits into pocket I would happily trade few mm of additional thickness for having 6000 mAh + additional mod space + guarantee, that my batteries won't ever disappear like scuds + cheaper batteries
as opposed to:
3000 mAh and lack of all mentioned benefits.

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post: