Thread: ZaReason ZaTab
View Single Post
Posts: 470 | Thanked: 399 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ Croatia
Originally Posted by pataphysician View Post
1. the Zatab weighs 1.4 lbs, the atom device you list weighs 2lbs. For me, even 1.5lb tablets I own(ipad, HP touchpad) are a bit on the heavy side, I don't think I would want 2 lb

2. The battery life on the Zatab is 14 hours, battery life isn't listed on the atom device, but a unlikley best scenario to be 7hrs, and could be quite worse than that.

3. It doesn't list what video chipset it uses, but most of the atom tablets use the Poulsbo chipset, which is somewhat problematic in linux,

4. The Zatab has a 5 point multi-touch, the atom you list has two point multi touch

5. The Zatab has an IPS panel, the atom you list does not

6. The Zatab has a microsd slot, the atom does not.

7. The atom comes with Windows 7 Home Basic, which since this is a chinese seller, this is the one Windows edition that has an emerging market price, I'm guessing it costs them less than $20
1. zatab will probably never get updated or have a decent community to update it, x86 will have constant updates same as the desktop version
2. zatab wont run x86 linux applications, not to mention the possibility of running wine
3. it costs 350$ for what is basically a cheap *** chinese tablet that is not worth more than 100$
4. on x86 you can probably run most distros, on zatab you are stuck with what you get
5. for everyone outside US the price will probably be at least 50$ more(not including customs and taxes in that)

Last edited by GrimyHR; 2012-05-18 at 23:39.