Thread: ZaReason ZaTab
View Single Post
Originally Posted by GrimyHR View Post
1. zatab will probably never get updated or have a decent community to update it, x86 will have constant updates same as the desktop version
2. zatab wont run x86 linux applications, not to mention the possibility of running wine
3. it costs 350$ for what is basically a cheap *** chinese tablet that is not worth more than 100$
4. on x86 you can probably run most distros, on zatab you are stuck with what you get
5. for everyone outside US the price will probably be at least 50$ more(not including customs and taxes in that)
1. Who knows what type of community it will have? You can always get the latest community android image.
2. My n900 doesn't run x86 apps and that somehow didn't ruin the experience. Most any app can be easily recompiled for ARM. The issue is OpenGL.
3. How is it a cheap chinese tablet but the one you linked isn't? Please show me tablets with the same specs that you can get for $100.
4. Like I said before just because a computer is x86 doesn't mean its magically going to run Linux.
5. Since these guys are releasing the source, there is nothing stopping you from getting the same hardware straight from China at a cheaper rate and using it. Who wants to support people like this?