View Single Post
Posts: 2,142 | Thanked: 2,054 times | Joined on Dec 2006 @ Sicily
Originally Posted by mscion View Post
@debranardis Does this bug brick Notes without custom roms. I just did the basic rooting recommended by Dr Ketan so I could run Ubuntu or Debian. So far experience has been very good. Hate to revert back...

@isolano I made a similar observation this morning. I had just charged the Note and decided to not turn it off when I went to sleep. When I woke up battery was at 98 %!
The so-called "superbrick" bug happens when wiping a partition under some ICS firmwares, including the stock German LPY firmware, and maybe (still uncertain) the Taiwanese LPF.
It seems that the majority of EMMC chips in these devices are partially faulty and issuing a certain bulk erase command (which it seems ICS does and GB does not) the EMMC gets damaged. Someone could restore by repartitioning, some others had their partitions so damaged that nothing could be done.

I wouldn't have reverted if I hadn't to go to a congress where the Note will be my only device for taking notes, making presentations and consulting pdf's.
I think I'll risk again when I'm back.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to debernardis For This Useful Post: