View Single Post
Posts: 804 | Thanked: 1,598 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gdynia, Poland
Originally Posted by qwazix View Post
2 questions.

First I get the following errors after u-boot-update-bootmenu
Code:
/etc/bootmenu.d $ u-boot-update-bootmenu 
Adding bootmenu entry for: Maemo 5 with attached kernel 2.6.28-omap1 (Internal Nand)

Configuration file: /etc/bootmenu.d/20-Maemo5-kernel-power-2.6.28.10-power50.item
Generating u-boot image for kernel 'zImage-2.6.28.10-power50'...
Adding bootmenu entry for: 'Maemo 5 with kernel-power 2.6.28.10-power50'

Configuration file: /etc/bootmenu.d/nitdroid.ext.item
Adding bootmenu entry for: 'NITDroid 2.6.28.NIT.06'
cat: can't open '/var/tmp/bootmenu.cmd.default': No such file or directory
Thr kp.item is the one that came with kp-bootimg from extras-testing and the nitdroid one I wrote it myself (probably doesn't work anyway, but it doesn't seem to be the problem)

2nd, I want to boot kernel power by default (in fact I don't even care about PR1.3, I don't need it) how can it be done? I suppose I can generate attached kernel on my pc and flash it just like I did with kp49 but isn't this new uboot supposed to make it easier to upgrade kp?

Thanks

EDIT: feeling stupid. I read the above post and saw I must have a /etc/default/bootmenu.item

please add a more detailed warning in the error or mention the need for this file in the first post. Suppose both my questions are now answered. Rebooting now...
Nice to see someone else has exactly the same problem on the same day

@pali
So, basically, if we want to have power kernel by default, we should run commands
Code:
ln -s /etc/bootmenu.d/20-Maemo5-kernel-power-2.6.28.10-power50.item /etc/default/bootmenu.item
u-boot-update-bootmenu
, right? If u-boot-update-bootmenu is a script, it would be nice if, after reading all config files from /etc/bootmenu.d it asked which kernel we want to use as default one if there is no /etc/default/bootmenu.item , or assume the first one (alphabetically) as default one. But that is only a suggestion/wish, I feel horrible to ask you for something anyway, you've already done so much useful stuff for me and my device...

Last edited by misiak; 2012-05-20 at 21:41.

The Following User Says Thank You to misiak For This Useful Post: