View Single Post
Posts: 1,455 | Thanked: 3,309 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Rochester, NY
Originally Posted by BertvanDorp View Post
I'm getting really tired of the whole educate-yourself mentality. I mean, really, if it was that achievable, wouldn't you see more users doing what's needed?

Anyway, off to Samsung SGS3, wanted to contribute for one last time..
Wow...

This is the root of the problem I've seen in my own country and countless others around the planet. Why put for the effort to learn anything at all. Better to go buy something where all the thinking and learning was done for you, so you can simply click a button and it does one thing you want (while losing the ability to 50 other things you may want to do but don't even consider an option).

Tired of the "whole educate-yourself mentality"? I'm tired of the mentality that you shouldn't have to think at all for yourself. Or that education is bad or damaging in some way.

Our political process just had a slew of would-be leaders bad-mouthing college education, claiming it leads to "liberal thinking" and other "evils". (This despite every one of them being a college graduate.)

Btw: Whining is not a contribution. Remaining uneducated is not a contribution. Encouraging others to remain uneducated is not a contribution.

Good luck with your SGS3. Enjoy your locked-in garden-fenced device if you can. But please don't insist that the rest of us live in the little kept zoo cell you call home.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to woody14619 For This Useful Post: