View Single Post
Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
If it works, suss out the differences. Otherwise, if somebody has an educated attempt to work with the N9 (or any device) in their environment, then attempt to help them.

This is a community.
The biggest issue with Enterprise Wifi is the lack of support for unsigned certs (or Certs from an untrusted CA).

I hate to bring up iOS, especially since I hate it, but it easily supports this was just a verification check to allow the untrusted cert (OS X also supports this better than Windows). This is what makes a device accessible. Not the technical feature sets, but the ease of use. There's an obvious possible security issue, but if any Enterprise is truly concerned about security they would have further end-to-end encryption to whatever data is being transferred between client/server, even if they are between seemingly internal networks.

The VPN thing, whatever, that's vendor specific. You can argue IPSEC all the live long day, but a lot of companies have moved to web-based SSL VPNs that require application installs (so platform specific), as its commonly more robust for other checks (Security Requirements, etc). Honestly, VPNs just seem archaic, as there's other solutions for internal data or desktop access, but it's obviously a common use case scenario.

The mail thing... I'm not sure what that is about. I guess we'd have to know the account type. I'm pretty sure you can do that with POP and IMAP (not the Google specific one). ActiveSync would be a.. .why? scenario. I'd never want people to pump out corporate mail through a third-party server (neither does Google ).

Overall, I'm pretty satisfied with the N9. It's a gorgeous UI design coupled with a true touch UI paradigm. But I also went into this thing with lower expectations since I (we) knew exactly what was going on with this platform before we bought it. Of course, I've been surprised on what the awesome community Devs have done and what the internal Nokia team has been able to accomplish with, what I can imagine, scarce resources.

I hope others copy the UI, as this baby has been put out to pasture by Elop.

Last edited by jonnyl; 2012-05-23 at 04:03.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to jonnyl For This Useful Post: