View Single Post
Originally Posted by misiak View Post
Some drivers are intelectual ownership of other companies, so Nokia cannot release them (maybe even they don't have complete sources of all drivers). However, I would vote for our Council (who won the election? Estel?) to try to contact these companies and ask them if they could release some sources maybe (or tech specs or anything)p if this has not happened yet in the past.
Yes! exactly!

all the hardware in N900 is legacy/non commercial anno 2012.

Originally Posted by misiak View Post
Some drivers are intelectual ownership of other companies, so Nokia cannot release them (maybe even they don't have complete sources of all drivers). However, I would vote for our Council (who won the election? Estel?) to try to contact these companies and ask them if they could release some sources maybe (or tech specs or anything)p if this has not happened yet in the past.

Just for the record: GRUB supports x86/x86_64 architectures only (i.e. computers which are able to run desktop version of Windows, if a device is not able to run that => it won't run GRUB). It's UBOOT that you want (this one is for embedded systems and also works on e.g. Nokia N900).
I have Uboot. That doesnt mean that GRUB should not be ported to mobile devices and arm/armel.

How else am I suppose to install proper Linux and dual boot that with Android on a samsung or htc device?

Last edited by zeebra; 2012-05-27 at 16:41.