View Single Post
Originally Posted by Estel View Post
2. *Only* self-submissions are allowed, via community mailing list. Submissions may contain rationale - a short description about Your deeds for Community, but it's not required. Contributions of anyone submitting will be analyzed by Council, nevertheless.
There are many people in the maemo community, myself included, who are not subscribed to the mailing lists so if there is someone you feel deserves the community award please encourage them to register and apply. There is an online form to register for the mailing list at the link in the OP (which is https://lists.maemo.org/mailman/list...aemo-community). The community has benefited from many people who have worked selflessly for our benefit without asking for any reward. These people will probably be very shy on putting themselves forward. Personally, I know several people who have donated coding time, money, and other gifts to the community projects and asked to be anonymous. It's unfortunate we are not able to put the case forward on their behalf, so please if you know someone like this do encourage them to reach out for this opportunity

Originally Posted by vetsin View Post
I won't be applying for any of those devices, I'm not worthy.
Oh you're much too modest Vetsin

Cybot950 - Control a robot with your N9/N950
SMSPetFeeder - Build a Bluetooth/SMS dog feeder with Qt, N950, and arduino
Nerf950 - Use your N9/N950 to fire a Nerf gun

Last edited by kojacker; 2012-05-27 at 16:43.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to kojacker For This Useful Post: