View Single Post
Posts: 411 | Thanked: 1,105 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Europe
Hello geneven,

i am the author of StandByMee - Chess which displays a randomly chosen chess position given by a FEN (Forsyth-Edwards-Notation) on the standby screen of the N9 using an included chess database consisting of more than 120.000 mate in #2 positions. Maybe this is of interest for you.

Though i am doing my first steps with development i can imagine to write a simple GUI for loading and displaying chess positions in future for analysis purposes. But before that i have to realize at least two other projects

Originally Posted by geneven View Post
... Well, a decent chess game display program has finally been achieved for the N9. You can actually play moves, take back moves, and examine variations. What an amazing thing.

The program is called Josemobile, or perhaps Jose mobile would work better on the Nokia Store where I found it a short while ago. It might have been discovered earlier by me if it had the word "chess" somewhere in its name!

It may have some flaws that I haven't yet discovered, but it at least satisfies the minimum request that I have been making over and over for years, and I chose this thread to commemorate this fantastic result because it boasts about a "killer" chess program to be developed, but of course "killer" did not include the ability to play moves from books and examine variations..

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BluesLee For This Useful Post: