View Single Post
Posts: 411 | Thanked: 1,105 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Europe
Originally Posted by qgil View Post
I saw it but then I felt lazy that day about dealing with deb packages alone. Are you considering to publish this to Nokia Store or apps.formeego.org? Are you aware of http://wiki.maemo.org/2012_Device_Program ?
I wrote StandByMee-Chess in Python and the code for displaying chess positions is really, really simple, also for an absolutely beginner like me Just uncompress the deb file and have a look at standbymee-chess.py.

Concerning the "killer" chess application i think its a very good idea to use the GPL'ed appplication josemobile. I like the UI very much and it should be possible to add a "Load" button in between "New" and "Settings" and the logic behind it.

Initially i really wanted to push myself by applying for Summer '12 Device Program / Community Awards. But i dont know if this is a good idea if i look at the submissions and the "big" names appearing there. I started about three months ago as someone told me something like "bull**** .. if you really want to realize your ideas you will find the spare time for it". So i started learning Python.

On the other hand as far as i know all standby screen applications need a modification of a certain system file. I dont know if its okay to handle this via preinstall / postinstall scripts. What happens if the application is installed and Nokia modifies this file thereafter with a PR update? Or when something goes wrong and the file is corrupted? Just excuses not to publish it there, i know, hehe I will find something different.

Last edited by BluesLee; 2012-05-31 at 20:02.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BluesLee For This Useful Post: