View Single Post
Originally Posted by Mitrandir View Post
Hello,

I have my application published in Nokia Store for a half of year. Can I also submit it to coding competition?
Hey Mitrandir, thanks for being interested in the competition. The spirit of the competition is to drive new development, so I'm afraid I don't think your application would qualify for the competition if it has already been finished for 6 months. Were you planning on making some signifigant updates to the application?

This reminds me though there are unfinished questions regarding the acceptance of updates in the competition. I've noticed differences of opinion in the thread already - some would like:
  • new applications only in the competition. Updates to existing applications would not be eligible.
  • new applications and signifigant updates to existing applications in any category.
  • new applications only in any of the main categories, with a separate category for application updates.

It's something we need to clear up so please voice your opinions. If there isnt a clear consensus I'll start a poll over the weekend to get a final decision.

Also.. do ports count as 'new' applications? They are new to our community devices, but are existing applications that are being ported over.. it's a headache question

Originally Posted by rainisto View Post
are entries that use abused capabilities allowed?
Hi rainisto, Im not sure of that term can you expand on it so we know what exactly you mean? I google searched for "abused capabilities" and got a lot of stuff not related to mobile app development!! If you mean using software or hardware for purposes other than it was intended then perhaps.. it would depend on the application. For example, we wouldn't be happy to accept anything into the competition that was a serious risk of bricking or damaging the users device.

Edit: thinking about it again, is this an Aegis security token question?

Cybot950 - Control a robot with your N9/N950
SMSPetFeeder - Build a Bluetooth/SMS dog feeder with Qt, N950, and arduino
Nerf950 - Use your N9/N950 to fire a Nerf gun

Last edited by kojacker; 2012-06-01 at 09:29.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kojacker For This Useful Post: