View Single Post
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by jalyst View Post
Camera? Everything I've read suggests the N9's still better in most respects, including the UI.
Bright sunlight, both are great. Dimmer lighting, WP7 seems to have an edge on not letting in noise. N9 is more natural in contrast, but seems to run a bit more compressed. WP7 is... dunno. I find it better for the stuff I tend to shoot - my N9 was awesome in my tropical vacation.

UI doesn't factor in for me... just lemme take a photo. I find WP7's UI better - simpler, less to deal with when I'm in a rush.

But that's my take. I rather like both.

Anywho, I'll be able to compare it all for myself soon, 900 will be in Australia soon apparently.
I can't wait to see what you say. I think we're wholly different users, so it would be very interesting to see what you come up with. Please... update us when you get some solid experience.

Don't really care about Linked-In personally...
I truly don't either. So the quicker I can get in and out of that, the better. But I have been forced as of late to use LinkedIn for business contacts as of late. So it's now "important". The unofficial ones are... missing.

I thought the L900 had tethering out-of-the-box or does it have to wait for Tango too?
Guess it also depends on the carrier you're with, esp. in the US...
Exactly. AT&T wants to charge me. I had to hack my N9 to get that in the US. Both have "tethering"... I just ain't paying for it.

There's at least one voice-to-text app for the N9 now that integrates into the system.
Name escapes me OTTOMH, been meaning to try it, haven't done so yet.
Please, dear goodness update me on what this is. I've yet to see it...

It's not a full-blown voice command system though, not sure if there is one.
But see... I need one. I don't like touching phones sometimes to send a message or answer the phone. Then again... that's just me.

Yeah notifications on WP7x doesn't even come close by all accounts.
Man, no joke. This part alone makes me miss the N9.