View Single Post
Posts: 2,448 | Thanked: 9,523 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Wigan, UK
Originally Posted by marmistrz View Post
If a bit afraid of using the geometry as I'm not sure I lay it out perfectly. Or are these values only suggestions?

I'm attaching my .ui file. Will be setting the geometry of the most outer layout enough? Which ones' geometry would I need to change? I'm a bit confused with all that stuff.
The value were only suggestions, and you probably won't want to change the height of buttons, just perhaps the width. If you only need to change the position, and not the size, then it's better to use the move(int x, int y) method.

If you have a desktop target in addition to Maemo, you can easily test the portrait layout by adding a test method that sets the size of the window to 480 x 800 (maybe connect the method to the clicked() signal of one of the buttons). Just tinker with the values until you have a layout that you're happy with. Or test by deploying to the device and rotating. You can have a good guess at what the layout will look like from the values you choose, but the only way to be sure is to see what it looks like on screen.

My website

GitHub

The Following User Says Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post: