View Single Post
Posts: 1,455 | Thanked: 3,309 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Rochester, NY
Originally Posted by Arie View Post
Your opinions and comments towards me are attacking me more and more each time.
I have done nothing but point out that you are being rude and insulting to people, myself inclusive. That's not an attack, it's a factual statement. You are the one perceiving it as an attack because you are emotional and on the attack yourself.

you clearly should be more friendly as I'm not attacking you and asking for explanations.
Really? I think you did:

I would like some explanation as to why certain individuals that did nothing for the harmattan community were given devices that they didn't deserve?
That sounds exactly like you asking for an explanation, literally and aggressively.

You also were being insulting by saying that because some of the award recipients did nothing for the Harmattan community, despite tons of work for other Maemo communities, that they were undeserving.

Do you see what I'm saying now, on how that is insulting to those recipients? What if I were to say the same about coding awards where someone made an app for the N9, but not the N900? That they were undeserving because they did nothing for the Fremantle community... You'd be outraged.

So instead of giving the awards to people that should have gotten them, you gave them to would be moderators in your eyes?
No, we gave them to people who fit the criteria of the competition. I've said that at least 3 times now. This is not about moderation. It's about community members who have contributed in the past and moved the community forward. That's what the CA was about, and it's how we awarded it. Why you still can't understand this is puzzling to me, as I know you to be logical in many respects.

People's past contributions are great, but if there is no record of their involvement or help with Harmattan how can we be sure that they will be so eager to help Harmattan as you claim?
Again, the award was not about future contributions. It was about past contributions. When you grasp that point, we can move on.

You are not winning favor with many of the Harmattan folks speaking to me this way
Woody, rethink how you respond to me next time (be more friendly), because you are making a lot of enemies in the Harmattan camp this way.
You have a rather high opinion of yourself. You come here, demand explanations, question the decision of elected leadership of the community, insult community members by name, and when called on it make personal threats? You are doing quite a bit of damage to the reputation of the "Harmattan camp" through your own ego and bravado than I am by pointing out your actions.

I have no problems with Harmattan, and in fact am working hard to bring them back into the fold. This award group is, if nothing, a huge gift to that camp, weather your can see it or not. In all your demand for respect, I have to say that it's noticeably lacking from your side.

Again to the people that received awards I have no issue with you, I am questioning the decision making process of the council.
I am part of Council. You have an issue with Council, thus you have an issue with me.

I think you need to take a step back and consider your actions here. You've come into the forum demanding explanations (literally) for who won. You're demanding we hold winners to a commitment of future work, when the award was 100% based on past work. You're calling people out by group and by name as being undeserving, and insulting Council by questioning their choices.

Do you not see how that is insulting, and how YOU are not winning favor with many of the non-Harmattan folks speaking to me (and all of the community) this way?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to woody14619 For This Useful Post: