View Single Post
Originally Posted by sixwheeledbeast View Post
Code:
dbus-send --type=method_call --print-reply --dest=com.nokia.profiled /com/nokia/profiled com.nokia.profiled.get_profile
... in a Terminal
In a terminal that works. smscon haven't had no access to the session dbus which makes most dbus operations fail. This problem happened if smscon daemon was stared by init process (on boot) and the problem vanished, once smscon was stopped/started in a terminal. Since 0.10 stop/start is always (implicitly) done by init. So the problem is more persistent. But its fixed now.

Originally Posted by sixwheeledbeast View Post

@yablacky

One question I'd like to ask is why does SMSCON send your password to your master number when you change it.
I can understand a message to say the password was changed... but actually sending the password to the master number is a potential security risk, surely?
Just found this out the hard way.

AFAIR this is not made clear in the wiki's eithier.
It's by design. It is assumed that the MASTERNUMBER phone is "secure" in this means. The password can't be used to remote control the phone. If it wasn't you who changed the password then you probably want to know it once you got the phone back. I Should add a note about that in the wiki...

The Following User Says Thank You to yablacky For This Useful Post: