View Single Post
Posts: 3,074 | Thanked: 12,960 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sofia,Bulgaria
Originally Posted by itsnotabigtruck View Post
It's impossible to know the outcome of a "what-if" scenario, but I would never allow myself to be eligible for a competition I was organizing. There's a reason no contest is ever run that way.

If each phone is valued at $400 - a reasonable value given the current online prices - the council was responsible for $10000 worth of merchandise in this one program. The phones that the council reaped for themselves were worth $1600. While that isn't a massive sum, it's far more than enough to demand accountability. The council has shown anything but that.
Actually there was one N950 sold for 920 pounds(or was it euros?) on e-Bay yesterday, so your calculations are wrong :P. But that is not the point.

And while I agree that this was your only chance to get such a device having in mind the field you are contributing in (part of my contribution is in the same field, just the kernel is older, so I know), I really cannot understand your point re council members. Do you really think a public list with member names in the left column and their contributions in the right will do any good to the community? How exactly?

And honestly, what makes you think you deserve a CA more that SD69? I can bet it is the lack of information, as you were not here in the sad times that started approx an year ago. And I am not accusing you for being a new member, just stating the fact. You just have no clue.

I am talking about SD69 as it seems noone complains he is CA winner. Now, if the council members were not eligible for CA, that would've meant SD69 to be not eligible too. Which is unacceptable by any measurement.

And one more think - you said you bought your N9 using your hard earned money. So what? I fail to see the point, i.e. how does this fact makes you a more suitable for CA than others. I did the same, with the difference that I bought 2 N900 devices, without expecting anything in return. So did the others. Actually it was a very big surprise when qgil announced there will be 25 devices for CA, that was a totally unexpected move made by Nokia. I hope you will see my point.

Also the "harmattan community" should rethink once again what lma said in regard that it is better if the council members have harmattan devices - for good or bad all of them are N900 owners(AFAIK), they have never touched N9/50 (at least most of them). Think, isn't it possible once they have such devices, their attitude to "harmattan community" you find disrespectful now, to change. Not that I am implying they are disrespectful.

I will beg you and the others once again to stop that flamewar, it does not help anyone in any way. The same Council you're offending is supposed to lead the community in its hardest times. Think about that, not about those devices.

PS.

My post is not meant to be offensive in any way, if you find it that way, it is the language barrier

720p video support on N900,SmartReflex on N900,Keyboard and mouse support on N900
Nothing is impossible - Stable thumb2 on n900

Community SSU developer
kernel-power developer and maintainer

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post: