View Single Post
Originally Posted by Estel View Post
Well, quick&dirty system for handling auto-asking for allowance - if it's really needed - could be set-up.
Though we can't transfer data first and then ask permission after the fact. One way to do it would be to keep the old system running and set up some mechanism with which a user could initiate transfer from that to the new one. But then again, if we can keep the old system running why not, you know, just keep it running?

But, considering that *everything* is CC, it seems to apply for visible user profiles to. As for rest, we're not keeping any personal data, like address or real name (unless someone provided it to TMO, agreeing to CC content)
Any public data may be fair game, but some data, for instance email addresses, PMs and various other bits depending on profile privacy setting, was given in confidence. I don't think Nokia lawyers will allow that data to be transferred elsewhere. We may only care for email addresses, but they are kinda important...

As for the content itself, the current terms say "you license and grant Nokia and its affiliates and sub- licensees (or warrant that the owner of such rights has expressly granted) a non-exclusive, royalty-free and free of charge, perpetual, worldwide, irrevocable, and fully sublicensable right to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, communicate to the public, make available, publish" ((emphasis mine) which seems fine to me (disclaimer: IANAL). But what about users registered / content posted before this became talk.maemo.org? Have they agreed to similar terms (I haven't kept them unfortunately) or could someone appear out of the blue and say we are violating their rights?

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to lma For This Useful Post: