View Single Post
Originally Posted by Kabouik View Post
Yes I was meaning too that both the housing and the keyboard sliding plate have to be pierced for the camera. Doable easily with some Dremel work I guess. It should work as the keyboard might not cover the camera when open (nor appear on the bottom side of the pictures).

Great, thank you very much! The price is great, it was US 48$ on Shapeways if I remember well. The "Solidity check" option on Sculpteo is worrying though.

I hope it will not make swiping too difficult. I just thought of NFC too. I've done some tests here with the default silicon housing plus some paper (different thickness), and the NFC becomes ineffective with only a very small barrier of paper. HtheB, would you have some feedback with your actual "N955": does the NFC still works with housing + keyboard sliding part?

By the way I ordered my NUU Minikey so I'm going to order one of your brackets too Godofwar424. I know this is a prototype, but for future versions after first tests, I keep thinking that the two long sides on the front face (screen face, opposed to the face attaching the keyboard) should be rounded on the external side to avoid 90° angles that will be agressive to pockets and difficult to hold while calling. The four sharp vertices on the keyboard side may also be an issue, but let's see if they stick out from the keyboard or not.

Is the hole on the bottom right there on purpose? Not a big deal anyway. Great job and thanks for this first prototype, again.
The hole is going to be fixed soon, let me know your feedback please on the solidity of it and everything, ignore the solidity checker, we don't want it too solid and itd be impossible to flex the device in and get a nice hold :P

Also the corner ARE rounded slightly, its just not noticeable unless you actually have the bracket

FIXED! Heres the latest link

http://www.sculpteo.com/en/design/nu...-n9-4/RvwLdWwH

N900 Died Replaced with N8, Requested E7, "Accidentally Broke E7", Now rolling with an N9 and im loving it!

My Contributions

N900 Conversations Wiki Page

Last edited by godofwar424; 2012-06-26 at 22:23.

The Following User Says Thank You to godofwar424 For This Useful Post: