View Single Post
Posts: 1,335 | Thanked: 3,931 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Brittany, France
My N9 got stuck into a reboot loop when I added a line into a .conf file for adding support to an non-us external keyboard. I don't know what I did wrong, as the line I added seems correct considering the tutorial, but anyway, since then, reboot loop.

I tried to reach step #7 here, but no way. Maemoflasher cannot find the phone, so I cannot do anything. Any idea?

Here are the symptoms I detailed in the topic about the tweak I tried:

My N9 is not detected when I plug it with the USB cable, so no way to use the flasher. The N9 keeps rebooting when I plug it and force it to turn on with a long press on the power button. If I don't do anything, it will just stay off. In both cases, maemoflasher will not find any suitable device to flash. The USB icon only appears for about one second, but no device detected. After a while and several reboot, I get this warning message stating that too many reboots have occurred, and that the phone should be updated with Nokia Software Updater, or sent to the Nokia Care. (Software problem (xsession/mthemedaemon): too many reboots).

I'm starting to worry now. I'll start to freak out in approximately four minutes.

It is kind of very very urgent for me. I'm leaving on saturday morning and I will need a phone where I'm going (as well as maps). I have a spare N900 if I can't figure out how to fix the N9, but I would have to configure it and build a microsim adapter. I know I shouldn't have played with a .conf file as I knew I would need a working phone shortly, that was stupid. But honestly I really did not think that this line would brick the phone, especially because people have done it before me and I am sure I edited the file just as they did. :/

Last edited by Kabouik; 2012-06-29 at 00:28.