View Single Post
Originally Posted by merlin1991 View Post
I've noticed a bug with the video playback, if you start a video, go back to the list of videos, and immediately go to the tasknav, you'll notice that it unsuccessfully tries to open a 2nd window a few times.
Originally Posted by Estel View Post
Unrelated to my problem, but related to open media player - just after trying to watch theora video (which fails), mediaplayer tries to open new windows 10-15 times (probably, x many times, where x is ammount of videos I have), kicking me into tasknav, forcibly, no matter if I'm doing something else or not It stops only after skipping through whole video list.

Just to make things clear - those video are, normally, working in media player, and this skipping video fenomena is not related to being unable to play something.

Why I know it's kipping through videos? Despite it doing it fast, sometimes, I see first frame for a fraction of second. It may be related to problem observed by merlin.
I remember stumbling upon something like that in the past, but I never could pin down the origin. I tried with going to the tasknav after exiting a video, but it's not happening. I guess I'll have to prepare some Theora or broken videos and also try with that.

Originally Posted by sixwheeledbeast View Post
Is it possible to make OMP delay resuming playback for * seconds?

Ideally if possible, make OMP do a light 'beep' like the FM transmitter in standby does; so you know playback will resume.

I could see this being a potentially useful option for videos too.
If you are interupted by a call mid-video, you many have to set the stand back up or plug in the TV out etc after the call.
While your doing this the video will be playing and you will have to skip back to see what you missed.
I thought of it and in my opinion even better would be music fading in. There would be 3-5 seconds before full volume is reached, the warning sound would be the music itself and it's also a neat effect.

Originally Posted by kent_autistic View Post
is this caused by OMP?
Highly unlikely. OMP doesn't stay in the background if you close it, so it cannot resume playback.

Originally Posted by int_ua View Post
Sorry if it was already requested, but can we have an option to disable album arts at all on "now playing" screen? I don't like spending CPU cycles on them
I doubt it has any significant effect on battery, unless most of your songs are 10 seconds long.

Originally Posted by sixwheeledbeast View Post
Any chance of an option to make OMP start playing on opening the application?
I think it's too dangerous. If you want it badly, you could try with a simple script, which would start playback through D-Bus and then launch OMP.

Originally Posted by vijays View Post
If someone could plz clarify, am not able to use the physical keyboard to search for videos while the same works for audio..Makes it cumbersome to browse thru hundreds of vids..
It's currently missing, but expect it in the next update.

Originally Posted by NightShift79 View Post
Hi.

I made an QB Widget to switch to a car profile +turn on the FM transmitter + open OMP
Mostly I use OMP in the car, so I wonder if you see a chance for an option to start OMP directly with the car view. Maybe via a command line parameter which I can use with a dbus call?
Yes, good idea.

Originally Posted by Estel View Post
It's really saddening, to not being able to play any .ogg files via OMP (MAFW, generaly).
If MAFW reports an error, OMP often spits it out on the console. Run it from the terminal and watch the output when you try to play an .ogg, maybe that will give some clue.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to gidzzz For This Useful Post: