View Single Post
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by Lumiaman View Post
I completely agree with your assessment, but don't understand why then you say that NOKIA had options other than android or windows?
Instead of looking to Android and Windows, they should have stayed on a very focused path and grow the media, content, desktop interaction of Maemo. I've never used Nokia Suite, don't intend to either. But it's not about me... it's about the user that has to be shown pretty colors and announcements that a <insert something new here> is out or coming and give them an easy way to take their money.

iTunes does just that. Nokia should have been worrying about the less than savvy folks, they have the most dispensable income. Instead, they restarted Maemo when they should have been doing the refinements we saw in Maemo 5 and Harmattan way back in 2008.

But to do that, they'd have to have funded it. They didn't. Can't refine Maemo or Harmattan if you're not funding it. You can't refine your desktop app if you're only reacting and poorly funding it.

All of the funding went to Symbian. Android is not an option. A year later, WP7 was a bad option. They should have funded Harmattan more.

Perhaps they were visionaries with Maemo, but they can't finish their visions.
I agree.

Mark your calendars folks.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post: