View Single Post
@uTMY, thanks for the info, will look into that and hope that it sorts itself out.

Originally Posted by slarti View Post
Nothing wrong with my GPS after PR 1.3. Didn't have any problems with PR 1.2, either.

You do have an active internet connection when searching for your position? And you have calibrated your compass by swirling your phone? And you aren't far away from your last known position when testing?

I actually think my time to lock, when I'm nowhere near my last known position, has decreased with PR1.3.

Some information on slow lock without an internet connection here.
I usually use it offline as I always have done. It doesn't need an active internet connection for finding your location, only GPS. Only time I've used data for online is when it hasn't found a particular address offline which is rare.

Either way, have experimented both online and off since this problem and the issue remains. Either it's a new bug, or some setting was changed during the update but I can't for the life of me find what it could be(and yes still have data allowed and internal GPS enabled).

I suppose I could try downloading another location GPS type app to see if that holds a lock correctly, would at least tell me if it's a Nokia Maps/Drive problem or the internal GPS in general gone a bit crazy.

Like I mentioned, I can still get a GPS lock within a reasonable if slightly slower time than before, it just doesn't hold as it did on 1.2.

[EDIT]Those who have found the lock-on fine since updating to PR1.3, have you actually tested navigation yet as that's where the the erratic behaviour really shows, would be nice to confirm that it isn't a general bug.

Last edited by Tetlee; 2012-07-08 at 19:59.