View Single Post
Originally Posted by qgil View Post
PS: about people leaving for holidays, usual arrangements with couriers should apply. Last year we sent hundreds of devices during July and there were no incidences. Business as usual?
What do You mean exactly via "usual arrangements with couriers"? Last time I failed to receive shipment from DHL express during 2 days (two attempts of delivery) resulted in me being forced to pick it up myself from DHL point (central) ~100 miles away. And, without me doing so in 12 days (2 days of attempts +12 more in central = 2 weeks) would result in package going back to sender.

While I understand that it may look different via special arrangements between Nokia and DHL, I'm not aware of such being in place, so I'm - for one - really worried about Murphy's law, and "receiving" package on first day of my 2 weeks holidays, returning home, just to find out that I could pick it up since yesterday from 100 miles away - and now it's on route back to Finland.

Yet, as You've asked to relax, I'm putting my faith in Your words

/Estel

Ps.

By any means, I'm not trying to rise panic. The fact is, that I don't have idea how it looks in this case, if I can expect "warning" e-mail or not (reports differ greatly), etc.

I'm absolutely sure, that most of concerned people are worried about exact same thing - lack of clear information, or general "what to expect". Bugged migration of database via infamous "one signup experience" added it's own weight to this.

Thanks for understanding it.
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following User Says Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post: