View Single Post
Posts: 138 | Thanked: 152 times | Joined on Jun 2012 @ Switzerland/Zurich
So finally I've been tired of waiting and flashed pr 1.3 to my phone. After spending hours to get back all my apps and playing with it for a day, my impressions are:

- it seems a little bit faster, although not as fast as pr 1.2 + fastern9 (example: try loading a webpage, swipe it away, go to your main screen / notification screen and try to move around - for my there was an unpleasant shuttering), installing faster n9 on pr 1.3 makes it better

- 3G/2G connectivity improved + webpages load faster

- Ovi store was much faster when downloading and installing apps

- contrary to what I've read before, when I move my icons/folders around I still to have confirm it with "done" rather then just tap wherever to finish

- the tendency of my screen to get "reddish" in bright daylight vanished (previously the "white balance" was normal in low/medium light conditions and when I got outside on a sunny day it seemed to try to increase it's brightness and it would turn really reddish - to clarify, I always set my screen to maximum brightness, but this only happened in bright sun) nope, my bad - this annoying thing is still there...

- haptic feedback of keyboards (both stock and swype) is improved, still stock seems more responsive than swype when typing

- it's harder to unintentionally "click" on your notification screen and be moved to facebook or sth - big +

Otherwise, everything seems business as usual.

Last edited by don.edri; 2012-07-12 at 12:23.

The Following User Says Thank You to don.edri For This Useful Post: