View Single Post
Posts: 1,455 | Thanked: 3,309 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Rochester, NY
Originally Posted by Estel View Post
3. Auto transfer with extending cadence of Council/Board, to one matching Board cadence (proposed by Woody, IIRC).
Please don't attribute your ideas to me. I'm well aware of the rules around elections and terms (as you noted earlier), and as Andrew notes changing those would require a referendum. I've never called for the expansion of the current Council term. In fact, I've been quite in favor since the start of this Council term to reduce it and maintain the current September/March cycle.

I'm more attuned to the idea of having a Council and a Board, separately elected, possibly with overlapping members. If the Council & Board members become a mirrored set, then it may be worth consolidating the two. But I would not expect that until a few cycles happen, if ever. Having current Council stand temporarily as interim Board until the first election makes sense, though at the current rate that interim period will likely be measured in days, not weeks.

Originally Posted by misterc View Post
maybe we should do this referendum about re-election of said Council
I'm still having an internal debate on the merits of this idea.

Which is better to do when you see a shark: To attempt swim toward the shore with one leg weighted, hoping the weight will fall off as you swim? Or to take the time to remove the weight in hopes that you can then out-swim a now closer shark?

We're going to have an election before December regardless (be that now, or in the Sept to Nov time frame). Doing so now would be a huge distraction, but would prevent that happening mid-river in the fall. My gut tells me though that it would be too large of a distraction to deal with, and would destabilize the base we're now forming to continue this community past 2012.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to woody14619 For This Useful Post: