View Single Post
Originally Posted by Stskeeps View Post
He's not a Jolla employee and that facebook group is not official.
He is not but apparently the guy who posted the comment is, Bernd Wachter. Engineer at jolla.
Some other comments he made:

"I am a Jolla employee. This statement should not be read as "the device will be locked""

"I can only repeat what I already said: This statement is supposed to be read as 'the average customer lacks the skill to hack the kernel', and to emphasize that we never announced that we will lock the device. Before you get annoyed with us: Please check sources when reading news articles, to see if there might be translation errors from Finnish articles. Re-read carefully, especially when english is not your mother-tongue, and bear in mind that some or all parties involved in the interview might not be native speakers as well."

"Please read my comments, I already clarified it in more than one post. One last time: According to Merriam-Webster dictionary one definition of 'able' is 'having sufficient power, skill, or resources to accomplish an object'. If you apply this definition to the sentence mentioned you should come to the conclusion that the statement was "Consumers don't have the skill to hack the device", not -- what you constantly repeat -- consumers will be prevented from hacking the device."

Last edited by crisscross; 2012-07-19 at 11:58. Reason: added quote

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to crisscross For This Useful Post: