View Single Post
Posts: 12 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Florida
Originally Posted by geneven View Post
The GPS problem was not uncommon with real N900s and was fixed by changing the location info (located in settings) to Google from Nokia. I don't have a N900 in front of me now so I'm not certain of the exact setting, but it was something like replacing www.nokia.supl with www.google.supl.

Originally Posted by Acurus_ View Post
You are a right with the have to changing. But your address is a little bit wrong.

supl.google.com

is right.
Tried that. That only helps the GPS to lock on your location faster. What my problem is that it made no connection with any GPS satellites, whatsoever. I saw a bug that was reported on the issue. I even downloaded a troubleshooting .deb. And yes, I did the change from sulp.nokia.com to supl.google.com, this only helps the coarse lock.

What I did was disable the Network Assisted lock option (con't remember exactly what it's called) then I stayed out under an open sky for an hour and still, it couldn't lock on my location. (GPS = dead)

I'm returning the phone, and unless someone on here can give me a good deal on another N900 (actually, real, used N900)... it brings tears to my eyes, but this is the last of the great Nokia Phones, and yet Nokia abandoned it.

Moral of the story: Nokia Dead900