View Single Post
Posts: 2,225 | Thanked: 3,822 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Florida
Originally Posted by vi_ View Post
You can effectively eliminate act-dead by setting R&D flag '--force-power-key'.
Responding to this in the thread Pali just started, because it's more relevant to future development methinks.

- Edit - actually nvm: putting it in here, so as to not splinter discussion:

I think this only strengthens my argument for an act-dead functionally that's the same as now, for those users who like that functionality, but which has seperate confurable set of other choices. Afterall, for the typical user, enabling R&D mode is an inconvenient affair - the only on-device R&D mode changing programs are qwerty12's GUI one and my command-line one, both of which are available in only source code form right now (mine exists in compiled, old-and-flawed version, in one post, but meh). Plus, you then have to edit /sbin/preinit manually to disable keyboard flicker, which by default happens when R&D mode is on.

I can see plenty of users wanting a non-ACT-DEAD option, but not wanting to get their hands into the R&D Mode mes.

Originally Posted by vi_
Metalist, Pali has ALMOST eliminated the need for BME by writing a new kernel module that will take care of the USB charging controller. This used in conjunction with the bq27x00 module will allow for a BME free future.
Okay, that's basically what I gathered, thanks for the confirm. I know in the past people like joerg have said that bq27x00 is a broken module in one way or another (a discussion that was always too technical for me to retain any of the details in the long-term): have the same disagreements been voiced with regards to this move?

Last edited by Mentalist Traceur; 2012-07-23 at 16:41.

The Following User Says Thank You to Mentalist Traceur For This Useful Post: