View Single Post
Posts: 1,396 | Thanked: 2,796 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Caracas, Venezuela
Originally Posted by malkavian View Post
How? Do you work at Whatsapp Inc.? The numbers could be linked to other numbers making a social relationship tree. Status messages are recorded too. Images and multimedia are maintained in servers for some time.
If you ever work in a corporation you should know there's not time to do that stupid stuff. That's what I mean when some people have paranoia. They just DON'T DO that, it's a WASTE OF TIME, and that would mean NO REVENUE. Corporations just exist because of REVENUE. A bunch of random phone numbers don't create any REVENUE. NOBODY wants to buy a bunch or random phone numbers even though you think they will. IT IS NOT THE SAME that a bunch of random email addresses (why? "block" is the key word).

Status and images are in the policy. Actually that's the ONLY thing they put in the policy that they save.

Re-read the use terms of whatsapp, you are violating at least one of them.
There was an effort here to contact Whatsapp and ask them for an N900 version. We did it, they refused it. If they come here today and say "We'll be making a Whatsapp for the N900", I would immediately stop developing Yappari in the spot.

Actually I'm amazed you use Yappari. It could have a backdoor, I could be stealing all your private info and sending it to me. Why are you trusting me but why can't you trust Whatsapp Inc?

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Scorpius For This Useful Post: