View Single Post
Posts: 31 | Thanked: 50 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Ireland
Firstly, thank you for all your work on the power kernel, and on the functionalities which it enables, most recently KP51 and the new USB Mode Switch.

However, after installing and testing KP51, I have once again found myself reverting to the stock kernel, as I have done previously after installing KP49 and KP50. The reason is that the power kernels seem to degrade the quality of SIP and Skype calling, and this is a deal-breaker for me.

I have searched the forums and found that other users have reported similar experiences. Some of these users believe that the problem arises from the changes in the way the power kernel controls cpu scaling and power management.

Would it be possible for you to produce, or advise how to produce, an experimental kernel which follows the stock kernel's approach to cpu scaling and power management (i.e. no support for overclocking/undervolting), while retaining as many as possible of the other changes which make the power kernel so useful?

Thanks for any help you can give, and again, please accept my sincere appreciation of the work that you do.