View Single Post
Posts: 1,808 | Thanked: 4,272 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Germany
Originally Posted by misiak View Post
MyDocs would be indeed stupid, as this one gets unmounted when you connect N900 to computer as mass memory, but I don't agree that it should be in /lib/modules instead of opt. Many people are not using them and they are >500kb and, as not essential for running kernel with working wifi, I agree with maintainer's decision to place them in /opt. See official packaging guidelines - these modules are now part of kernel power, but I somehow feel it's wrong to place these 500kb in rootfs (and let's not forget they started as a separate package, this is only first stage of their inclusion in official kernel power packages).

I still believe they could be symlinked, not placed in /lib/modules/proper-kernel-version/packet-injection-modules , but that's just my oppinion based on stuff I wrote earlier in this post.
Fine. I just don't see why some non-essential modules come with kernel-power-modules (and are installed under /lib), like xfs (500kb), nfs, ipv6, cifs, reiserfs, ntfs, hfsplus, jbd2, jbd, etc. (to mention only the bigger ones), but at the same time keeping the injection modules at a kernel-independent directory (and not even in rootfs so they could be loaded at boot).

But yeah, it's a matter of taste.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to reinob For This Useful Post: