View Single Post
Pali, I've checked charging with bq2415x_charger. It works great, although, when I wanted to alter sysfs entries to charge with 1250 mA current (I have 3Ah battery) as I used to do with charge21.sh script by ShadowJK, I discovered strange thing. My sysfs entries looks as follows:

Code:
cat /sys/class/power_supply/bq24150-0/charge_current
Code:
cat /sys/class/power_supply/bq24150-0/current_limit
Code:
cat /sys/class/power_supply/bq24150-0/termination_current
Are they supposed to be divided/multiplied by something, to get real mA values? Or are they calculated like that, because my reported capacity of battery is now 2616 mAh (I haven't yet calibrated it properly, since last repair operations on N900)?

Also, charging chip accept 1250 as max charging current, and it seems to me, that with such values, it just uses default 950.

Another strange thing is what happens, when I try to mess a little with those values. If I set /sys/class/power_supply/bq24150-0/charge_current to any small number (for example, 300), it changes itself to 1350 (!). real charging current becomes something about 500 mA, then. When I try to set my desired charging current, 1250 (mA), it changes itself to 2050.
---

Could You, please confirm/deny that it's bug, and if the latter, explain how it's supposed to work?

2nd question is purely cosmetic - during charging, diode stays yellow/bright orange, like in emergency charging, even with screen ON. You've mentioned, on IRC, that it's possible to disable it via sysfs entry - which one?

Also, you've postponed element, that will use charging pattern boost from mce.ini (just like usbmode.sh does, during booston) for later, yes?

Thanks a lot for answers, in advance.

/Estel

// Edit

I have noticed some tendency, with those sysfs entries. If I set it to 950, it changes (as usual, on it's own) to 1750, like it was by default. When I set 1250 - as said before - it changes to 2050 = 300 more than 1750, just like 1250 is 300 more than 950.

Could it be, that it works OK, but just need to be "translated" somehow? In such case, 1350 would translate as 550, i.e. lowest charging current possible by chip (outside saturation charge, towards end), so that is why it changes itself to 1350 as lowest one?

If yes, how to translate termination current, that present even more strange results? Or current_limit, which sets itself as 1800 max? It would be nice, if You could explain how all values - which I've listed in first part of this post - should be calculated.
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

Last edited by Estel; 2012-07-31 at 23:54.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post: