View Single Post
Posts: 1,361 | Thanked: 115 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Toronto, Ontario, Canada
I didn't say I was going anywhere (yet). The EEE seems to be a nice compliment to the 770 so far. I didn't hop into the N800 game because like every Nokia tablet, they're a.) a pain in the #*$&# to get in Canada, and b.) ridiculously expensive. That and I barely had my shiny 770 for a year when the N800 was randomly released.

The tablets are amazing for tinkering on. There's so much new unexplored terrain on them for me... when push comes to shove, this EEE is just gonna be another PC (which is somewhat refreshing). But here's the thing, I'm going to get left by the wayside soon, 770 in hand. I'm doubtful I'll ever see another OS upgrade on that thing. (Which reminds me, I need to burn a copy of the latest image for when Nokia finally dumps it and leaves me in the cold a scant 24 months after buying my tablet.)

If I didn't have a tablet yet, I'd have dove onto the N800 at it's cheap price these days... but really, for me it's what. A grainy webcam and flash support. And that's not worth $250 to me. (The 770 does what I want it to and I'm cool with that).

Back to the EEE PC: TenSpeed - - worked like a charm! I'm now sitting in a full fledged Xandros desktop. Hint for new EEE users: Ctrl-Alt T brings up the terminal.