View Single Post
Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Originally Posted by flopjoke View Post
I had this problem every other time on 3G. Changing the specific access point's proxy to automatic completely solved this issue for me. Also, it does make sense to leave it automatic, since it changes from time to time.
Even when you have it on auto you still need to put in a automatic proxy-server address.
(which will auto-configure all the fixed addresses for the diff. protocols if/when things change)
Weirdly though, some haven't put one in & it's fixed the problem for them regardless...

Sadly, WiFi connection issue exists.. requiring router reboot. It works at times, but at other times, it's buggy.
Not an issue at all for my WLAN configurations, no worse than most of my other devices.

Originally Posted by balisingh View Post
The other thing i did was mark my hidden wifi hidden in the profile.
What makes you think that will help? How did you do that?

Originally Posted by nmd View Post
I don't think it has anything to do with proxy settings, but probably rather the hardware/drivers. This issue is incredibly annoying and I decided to see if I could maybe get a better idea of the issue, so I tail'd the syslog for a while and noticed that it would generate an error associated with the GPRS signal. I am still waiting on Nokia to call me back on a support request on the issue.
@nmd

Did you ever hear back from Nokia?

Last edited by jalyst; 2012-08-15 at 07:26. Reason: typo