View Single Post
Originally Posted by misterc View Post
How to skip Windows 8 and continue using Windows 7
¦-)
What that article misses is that while your applications you already have will happily keep on working on Windows 7, who is to say updated versions of that same application are going to.

Recently some friends and myself were discussing Photoshop vs The Gimp, and it became clear that Photoshop CS6 now requires OpenGL to run, even thought at it's heart, it's still a 2D program. This limits the type of hardware it'll run on, for example my little Fujitsu tablet (it's not touch screen, but works well with the stylus) won't ever be able to run the newer versions of Photoshop.

Fortunately, I use the Gimp. But still, rather a horrible way to screw over valued customers.

Windows 8 goes to a whole different level of crap. You think those people that bought Lumia phones are going to be happy that all the Windows Phone programs are going to be released for 8 and won't work on 7?

Frankly, the only reason I went with something newer than XP was because of Age of Conan, I wanted to see the DirectX 10 stuff. Which means I was forced to upgrade to Vista (which sucked bad, fortunately 7 came out shortly after I had tried out that monstrosity.)

At least on the bright side, for me the biggest reason I even use Windows at all has been games, and hopefully Valve will be able to get some pull with the developers and get everything ported over to Linux!

slaapliedje
I have figured out the reason 'smartphones' were invented. They are for reading the internet while pooping. This means the best smartphone ever created is the N9. It is the only one that works so well single-handed.