View Single Post
Originally Posted by jukra View Post
Hi folks!

2012 coding competition got me started finally to implement the software I have had on my mind for a while. My problem is that I would like to measure easily the input power of the wooden pellets burner that is used to warm our house.

This problem will be solved by graphical Biopower application for N900.

BioPower is partially derived work from Babyphone by Roman Morawek. However, BioPower's purpose of the use is totally different than Babyphone, so personally I see BioPower as a new application. So what do you think - may I enter the competition with BioPower?

Initially I placed BioPower in category Others, but it could also be in Desktop, System & Utilities. Is Others the correct category by your opinion? If not, what would be the correct choice?
Hey jukra, BioPower sounds pretty interesting Well, I don't see any reason why it can't take part assuming that it's not Babyphone with a name change or something like that You are expected to have done a certain amount of work on your application. But one of the advantages of open source software is that you can build upon libraries and code already out there to develop new and wonderful things. If you're happy enough to outline and be judged on the work you've completed I don't see why it can't be added as a new application.

Originally Posted by helex View Post
Kojacker... I had a really, really bad conscience during the summer... a coding competition done by zehjotkah and kojacker and I'm not participating.

So, I changed my mind... you asked for it and I took a single day off from work. Especially for you, kojacker. A single day to have something to submit. Only some hours to code and I must say, my N900-x-ray App was really, really useful compared to... ... ... ehm, my newest project.
That's the spirit helex!

But, searching badly the good news: I'm sure I will be unable to win anything this time. It is anyway not needed since I already have a Nokia N950 and more talented developers could do much more important (Mer & jolla) stuff with it than me.
Oh you're much too modest, i'm not believing a word of that

Originally Posted by helex View Post
So kojacker, here you have: The worst Coding Competition contribution 2012!

Worth at least a trophy, isn't it?
Haha.. it's certainly not the worst ever, and indeed it is worth a trophy! Unfortunately we don't have any trophy's as prizes, maybe you'll have to be content with something else

Looking through the descriptions on the wiki there are so many great applications coming our way

Originally Posted by zehjotkah View Post
We got a new donation by proprog

http://wiki.maemo.org/Maemo.org_Codi...ity_Prize_Fund
Thanks proprog!

We have 650 Euros pledged thus far! Which reminds me, we need get these prizes locked down. There isn't that much feedback coming back, I might create some choices and leave it up to a forum poll or something. It's so important for us to be seen to have the right splits for the majority of maemo.org members, cos there's always one or two who come back with concerns after the competition end when you can't do anything about it.. GRRR!

Originally Posted by Helmuth View Post
Mh, you might misspelled it. The beginner section is for new developers, not for new projects.

Sorry.
100% Helmuth, the beginner section is for those new to development and not for new projects by experienced Maemo/MeeGo developers.

Sorry Leon At the moment you have two entries, one as a beginner and one as a non-beginner. Presumably you'll be updating the MoGateway entry to non-beginner entry
  • leon.anavi (Leon Anavi) MoGateway Network & Communications 90% Y MeeGo Harmattan/Symbian
  • leon.anavi (Leon Anavi) location2sms Updates and development on existing apps 100% N MeeGo Harmattan/Symbian/Android

Cybot950 - Control a robot with your N9/N950
SMSPetFeeder - Build a Bluetooth/SMS dog feeder with Qt, N950, and arduino
Nerf950 - Use your N9/N950 to fire a Nerf gun

Last edited by kojacker; 2012-08-22 at 19:47.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to kojacker For This Useful Post: