View Single Post
Originally Posted by danramos View Post
In terms of long, you've got an insurmountable climb up that I can't see in the current ecosystem that Nokia let slip through their fingers.
From the last Q2 report, purchasing Nokia was a no brainer if you knew basic math. The price was way below the value of the company, and they had cash to keep on going for several years. Ashas are selling like hot caces, and WP market share had increased 270% exclusively due to Nokia. From that moment on the stock could only go up, at least up to the real value of 4-5 US$ per share.

Most of that has already happened now, faster than I suspected, but that doesn't mean it HAS to climb higher than 4-5. From a reality point of view, there is no REAL reason it should go higher than 5 ish, and no real reason it should be lower than 4 ish. When the price was 1.5 and the Q2 report came, that was a reality check that eventually HAD to push the price up, no speculation or gambling involved due to the limbo state Nokia was in.

When looking at the industry (smartphones), it consists of these things:
1. The iPhone
2. Android phones
3. Blackberrys
4. WP7
5. WP8
6. Symbian
7. Asha (not even considered a smartphone by Nokia, but a smartphone it is because it does what smartphones does)

Filtering out the dead and soon to be dead:
1. iPhone
2. Android
3. WP8
4. Asha

Will Nokia make it here? The question is already answered. Ashas are selling like hot cakes, and Nokia finally have their expenses under control. The only question left is will Nokia start making large profits, that eventually push the stocks up far above the min value of the company, way beyond 5 US$ per share? Obviously no one can answer that question but becoming all fanboyant and "anti-FLop" trolls does not help you one bit understanding the industry.

I believe WP8 and Nokia will make it why?
1. My Lumia 800 is the best everyday phone I have ever had. WP8 will have all that and lots more (pureview, indoor navigation etc).
2. WP8 will be the place for development and new stuff. Android will be cheap chinese phones exclusively and will get the cool new stuff 1-2 years later.
3. MS ecosystem is great. With Win8/RT/WP this will be all fused together in a way people can't resist.
4. WP/Win will be the choice for business and gaming. The two main "killer apps"