View Single Post
Thanks guys, appreciate the feedback! Peter and Paolo, I got your entries through just fine

I've styled the form a little bit so it isn't so plain looking as before. Don't judge - I have very limited artistic skills! Anyways, I like the idea of a 'notes' field for any other info, caco3, so I'll defo add that in. In the meantime feel free to add whatever extra details you like into the text fields, as long as the basics are covered ofcourse.

I've limited it to two screenshots, peterleinchen, because i'm thinking of the category threads where everyone's applications will be shown together in the same thread - the screenshots take up a lot of space. What I'd suggest to everyone is that they pick their two favorite ones to attach, then add a link in your competition entry text that points to a maemo.org announce thread or other support page (for example) - that way you can add as much media there as you like

By the way (especially for our beginners) if anyone doesn't have an application thread they should really consider creating one. People will be interested in your application, and it's a good idea to give them somewhere to go to find out more about your hard work! Also I will be requesting that chatter in the voting threads is at a minimum so it'll give people somewhere to ask questions and otherwise get involved.

I've registered a new email address with gmail - maemo.competition2012 'at' gmail.com. The web entry form now sends your entries directly to it, but also there's no reason not to accept entries that are emailed directly if that's easier. Just as long as your email entry contains all of the relevant info, else I have to chase you up.. and if I chase you then I might release the dogs. Or the bees. Or the dogs with bees in their mouths and when they bark they shoot bees... Or worse it could delay your entry, so better try get everything in at the start right?

I'll share the login details of the new email account with zehjotkah and I'll pick someone(s) at random from the council too. Just so there's a few trusted independents with login access, in case my evil enemies finally capture me before the competition entry deadline. Once the competition is done, the council are welcome to take it over, retire it, do whatever they like with it.

I'm sure I had something else to say but I've forgotten what it was. Anyway please keep the feedback coming in about everything.. I realise there is a lot of changes needed to be done to the wiki, I'm hoping to hear something back about the other outstanding issues - voting, a consensus on prizes, etc - so i can do it all at once.

Cybot950 - Control a robot with your N9/N950
SMSPetFeeder - Build a Bluetooth/SMS dog feeder with Qt, N950, and arduino
Nerf950 - Use your N9/N950 to fire a Nerf gun

Last edited by kojacker; 2012-08-28 at 22:18.

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to kojacker For This Useful Post: