View Single Post
Originally Posted by Morpog View Post
Well, no one outside jolla/mer knows the bigger picture of that whole mer / jolla / nemomobile / other derivates thing. Kinda hard to make decissions with non existing facts.

A community driven effort would be best, but only if the community has a break even size where most stuff got handled by the community itself.

If it's only a small community, a commercial driven platform (with community support of course) would be best.
Well, Mer folks basically said they won't make it themselves, but I hope they can probably help out with information if the community will start such a thing. Also, don't mix up Mer and Jolla. While some Mer devs work in Jolla, Mer is really related to all Mer derived systems, not only to Jolla alone.

Originally Posted by minimos View Post
I'm afraid that if this kind of things gets delayed, Jolla will build its own site, and Mer/Nemo its own, and Cordia its own, and the chance to unify the talking arena will be gone.
Yes, that's exactly what concerns me. Them making their sites is OK (i.e. for distinct products), but spreading the discussions and info resources all around is not so good. So what do you think will work. Should we cooperate with Opentablets folks? I think this kind of effort should involve all interested people. (I started a thread there: http://opentablets.org/topic/70-call-for-collaboration/ ).

Mer however already has a site, but it's probably not reasonable to host all Mer derivatives related stuff there (like developers and user forums). At least that's what I understood from Stskeeps. Mer site will concentrate on the core only, which mostly pertains to Mer vendors (such as Plasma Active, Jolla, Nemo architects and designers and so on).

Last edited by shmerl; 2012-08-30 at 23:28.