View Single Post
Originally Posted by mscion View Post
Seems like HydraKernal is still a bit developmental for me at this point so I might wait a bit before taking the plunge... There are two main sources of lag for my GNote. One is that if I have a lot of shortcuts set up it seems to slow things down a bit when swiping from screen to screen. This is annoying because I like to organize many apps on the different screens, roughly, by use and category. The second is that, sometimes in the course of the day any browser I use has difficultly loading a new page. This problem goes away if I do a restart. Perhaps using HyrdaKernal may help here?
Sounds like a governor issue.
I think its forcing the CPU to stay at low clockspeed (300MHz?) when it should really be clocking it higher (500MHz). I would change the governor before I start changing the kernel.

Ondemand and the like seem to work best (OndemandX, InteractivX, Interactive, Abyssplug, Hotplug).

I would also check the memory scheduler. You should be on SIO or at least on Noop. If you're on VR that normally lags.

And lastly, maybe your low frequency may be "too low". If its 100MHz, try bumping it upto 250MHz. Experiment a little and see if anything gets solved, see if the issue is repeatable.

I'm flattered

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kangal For This Useful Post: