View Single Post
@ all - if you have some time please look at other entries in your category on the wiki table and check that you believe the application is eligible. Email me at the competition email address if you feel anything may be entered incorrectly - maemo.competition2012 'at' gmail.com. I promise that your email will be kept in strictest confidence (that means I will raise the issue with the developer to confirm and your email will not be mentioned to anyone.)

---

I also need some help with the submissions for rzr. I don't normally like to discuss these things out in the open, but I haven't received any reply to my queries back to him in 8 days now (he is currently on vacation). With your help, I would like to make sure these submissions are categorized correctly so they are fair to everyone

I have the following 5 submissions from rzr:
  • redak - Location & Navigation, Beginner: Yes.
  • meta harmattan - Other, Beginner: No
  • p-uae - Destop, System & Utilities, Beginner: Yes
  • rsync - Network & Communications, Beginner: Yes
  • fuse encfs, sshfs (these have been combined into one entry) - Desktop, System & Utilities, Beginner: No

My first query is the beginner status, as you can see it's quite confused. For this competition you're either a beginner or not, and it applies to all apps. I believe in this case it's a 'No'.

Second query - these have all been listed in the new application categories (applications that have had their first release during the competition time frame).

According to this project page, Redak has been worked on and had releases for quite some time (since March). I would propose this is more suited to the "Updates.." category.

From the meta-harmattan revisions it seems that repository has been around for ages, but as there's more than 600 packages in it, I can't find a straightforward way of seeing what exactly was added in the competition time period. I think again this would be more suited to the "Updates.." category, if we can figure out what has been updated..

The first mention I can see of P-UAE for MeeGo is on July 2nd 2011 and the first mention of it on Harmattan I see is the 14th of August 2011. This seems to be a port of existing work so it would be in 'Updates..' anyway, but I cant see what is recent work..

According to this page, there have been releases of rsync going back 13 months and the last commit was 5 months ago. Without further details I can't accept this into the competition.

I first see fuse and sshfs mentioned as being built for Harmattan in a revision dated November 17 2011. So.. same problem again

In rzr's absense, can anyone share any light on these and help try to find out what updates have been done within the competition time frame period so I can accept them? rzr does a lot of good work, but I fear he was confused about the eligibility. It would be so much easier if we could get in contact with him

Edit: Please folks, when you submit your entries don't assume I know anything about your applications and the work you've done on them in the competition time frame - if I have to hunt that information out it's possible I'll miss something and your application could be listed incorrectly or worse excluded It's in your own interests to ensure your application is eligible and that you include enough details in your submission to show that it is

Cybot950 - Control a robot with your N9/N950
SMSPetFeeder - Build a Bluetooth/SMS dog feeder with Qt, N950, and arduino
Nerf950 - Use your N9/N950 to fire a Nerf gun

Last edited by kojacker; 2012-09-09 at 13:11.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to kojacker For This Useful Post: