View Single Post
Originally Posted by skykooler View Post
How often does the system refresh karma? I linked my TMO and maemo.org accounts and the change finally went through - I have 202 karma - but I still get:

I haven't voted, and I should be eligible, right?
Hey Skyler, your account has been around for a long time and you now have plenty of karma so it looks like you should be eligible. However, perhaps you didn't have enough karma when the voting emails were sent and I'm not sure if you can now request a voting token. I'll contact woody to ask if that's possible and update to let you know.

Originally Posted by draxcp6 View Post
Kojacker, you should put somewhere clear requirements for voting to avoid these questions over and over again.

For example:
To vote you must have account older than 3 weeks and at least 10 karma points.
on app list page and voting page.
Lol yeah maybe, though it's 3 months rather than 3 weeks I believe It is mentioned in the rules that only accounts created before the beginning of the competition and have the 10 karma at the time of voting are entitled to place a vote. At the time of voting, ie when the emails were sent out, I suspect a snapshot was taken of the maemo.org accounts right then at that moment, and from these the eligible accounts were assigned a token. When Woody replies to my email I should be able to confirm or not if it's possible to request a token during the voting period.

Only users of maemo.org who are registered at the start of the competition and have at least 10 karma at the time of voting are entitled to vote.
Edit: I'm afraid you have no luck this time Skyler, Woody confirmed it's not possible to request a token once an election has started. He explained that it's very very difficult to update the electorate tables and add new users without risking messing up the votes already cast. Sorry about that.

But he reminds you that with your new score you can now run for council and/or vote in the forthcoming council/board elections if you fancy doing that

Cybot950 - Control a robot with your N9/N950
SMSPetFeeder - Build a Bluetooth/SMS dog feeder with Qt, N950, and arduino
Nerf950 - Use your N9/N950 to fire a Nerf gun

Last edited by kojacker; 2012-09-25 at 21:36.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to kojacker For This Useful Post: