View Single Post
Originally Posted by ikkysleepy View Post
Maybe it's normal that few people write reviews or give feedback, can any other developer chime in on this? This is my first app and i'm just wondering.
Hey ikkysleepy, I'll give you more feedback after the vote closes but I've tried Next BART and I think it's a very polished app Probably the biggest reason for lack of reviews or feedback is because it's focused squarely at San Francisco travellers.. and N9 owners in San Francisco are probably even rarer than the magical white N9 Also it's already quite complete. So don't be downhearted

Maybe there's some way of opening up what you've done with the user interface to incorporate other transport systems? That would be very cool as it's a really nicely designed UI and it will help get others involved in what you're doing. Also, bump your Announce thread a bit with news etc.. you tended to post really early in the morning for us Euros and by breakfast arrives your thread is already in page 2..

Originally Posted by rfeese View Post
I can't comment on feedback, but I know from experience that testing can be very time consuming (I think I spent 2 hours testing and voting last weekend!). Also, according to my logs, only two people have downloaded my app. It would probably be better if I had been able to finish proper packaging and uploaded to extras. Or, maybe my app just has limited appeal!
Oh rfeese your biggest problem with getting testers is no doubt because there isn't an easy to install package as yet. Which is a shame, because math bingo sounds actually like a lot of fun. When I get my N900 back I'll be sure to try it out It's a neat idea and once it's more accessible (packaged on a repository) then a lot more people will be having fun with it

Also rfeese, can I advise you to open an Announce thread for Math Bingo? Not only will you draw more attention to your application, people will come across it and help you out with packaging etc

Edit: Oh ikkysleepy and rfeese (and all, but mostly useful for the newer guys) you might also want to add details of your applications in your signature - therefore every time you post there's a chance someone will notice it, take an interest, and click to learn more. Also the google bots etc will pick it up and it'll start appearing in web searches. Look at mine, I have 3 or 4 things in there but then again i'm greedy and shameless

Cybot950 - Control a robot with your N9/N950
SMSPetFeeder - Build a Bluetooth/SMS dog feeder with Qt, N950, and arduino
Nerf950 - Use your N9/N950 to fire a Nerf gun

Last edited by kojacker; 2012-09-27 at 20:11.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to kojacker For This Useful Post: