View Single Post
As I've said earlier, manual focus settings have nothing do with it - Your camera module just got damaged during removal/mounting. All of quoted things are related to *auto*focus. When You set focus manually, to "infinite" (>5m), You should get good results, no matter what. Unless Your camera module canmt physically - move lens as requested, which is, sadly, the case here.

As said earlier (again) I have no idea why focus mechanism is so fragile - I got same problem on my camera module, without opening it, at all. Just removing it from motherboard was enough to damage it.

It's, probably, the case, why service manuals say "never use the same module after removal" (like they do with screws). I'm quite sure, that with enough care and luck, one can remove module safely. Same applu for dedicated module removals, which are exorbitant'ly overpriced.

The thing is, that I have no freakin' idea why it get damages so easidly on the first place - dedicated removal tool doesn't perform any magic, it just disable two mechanical locks, and pull module off. The same should be achievable without removal tool, and despite looking at module from every angle, I just can't find a way it could get damaged, when so carefully removed, as I did.

Yet, it is screwed, both in my and Your case. Which is major roadblock for now, as we need to find non-damaging way of replacing it (by avoiding touching some fragile part, etc - need to first identify, what is directly responsible for damaging it).

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following User Says Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post: