View Single Post
Posts: 1,873 | Thanked: 4,529 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ North Potomac MD
Originally Posted by Frappacino View Post
Galaxy note 2 will now have "multitasking" ("" cause i know some ppl are anal about what multitasking is)

Galaxy note 2 will now have a SPLIT screen function, basically you can browse the web while watching video etc. This is supported in default samsung firware that comes with the phone i think.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R_wfOcA8Agk

Confirmed its on international version of note 2 and not just korean version (hk newspaper confirmed)

Seen a video where it works in note potrait mode and the top half was web browser and bottom half was video.

Also top half browser and bottom half smemo etc

You have a side bar (hides itself when not used) where you can switch apps between windows etc

For links just google or check youtube.

This means "official" multitasking support by samsung i guess, although I have been able to do some of this by overskreen browser. Official suport is nice.

I dont see any other phone in android or ios doing this, so wonder if this is a 1st ?
Pretty cool. It is nice how you can bring up apps from a side panel and is integrated with the s-pen. I wonder if all apps will work in the dual screen. For example, can you do something useful like watching gangnam style on youtube in one panel and playing angry birds in another?