View Single Post
Hi everyone, how you all doing? I'm new here and I hope this is the right place to post this but over amonth ago I have accidentally dropped my Nokia N9 and the screen cracked, to the point that it wasnt only the glass element but the LCD itself was spilling, therefore rendering it completely unusable, a screen replacement was needed.

I've finally ordered my screen and carefully following the youtube video tutorial by LE55ONS:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9dxsTGpGRhs

...I successfully replaced my screen and all looked dandy and new. However, I noticed something quite strange about it, when the phone is idle the clock is displayed, but only for a few seconds before going completely black, also one can double-tap or touch the screen to unlock it, but in this case the double-tapping doesnt work whatsoever and instead you would have to physically press the button to unlock it as so.

At first I thought this was a minor cause a semi-clear plastic screen cover was on and was probably affecting it. Then when I entered my sim-card to make it my phone again I tried it out by making some phonecalls, and to my complete shock, the screen went completely blank and gave me absolutely no control ove rthe phone, I couldnt hang up, nor can I try to 'unlock it' but i can still hear the phone functioning it still attempts to dial and go straight into voicemail. My only way out was forcing the switch off the phone completely by luck (damn you buttonless touchscreen mobile phones!!!).

From there on, I went back to my backup/temp phone until I can try and figure what was going on. Does anyone know what could the problem be by any chance? I'm pretty sure I have done everything correctly when replacing the screen, I really dont know what to do here!